Don Anderson Haulage Limited, a specialized logistics company, is a market leader in the field of heavy-haul transportation, successfully moving over-dimensional and overweight shipments for international ports and to destinations throughout North America. Its success is the result of highly experienced / knowledgeable teams providing innovative industry-leading product and client-service support including value-added engineering; professional project management; dependable field service; highly specialized / proprietary equipment; and, competitive pricing. Located in Gormley, Ontario, Anderson employs over 150 people. The Anderson web site is www.andersonhaulage.com
Reporting to the President, the Dispatcher will be called upon to provide hands-on day-to-day direction and support to the dispatch function and to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of operations. Balancing both customer related work and operational profitability this will entail:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the dispatch activities at Don Anderson Haulage;
- Coordinate with sales staff, dispatchers, drivers, customer service representatives and clients;
- Answer inquiries and investigate complaints;
- Initiate invoicing for completed orders;
- Analyze customer load information to verify and determine appropriate routes and equipment assignment;
- Monitor personnel/drivers’ progress on assignments; and,
- Actively solicit new business.
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent;
- Transportation / logistics experience a must;
- Must be familiar with freight forwarding, LTL and cross border logistics;
- Experience in trucking/dispatch ERP systems such as Truckmate;
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, planning and analytical skills;
- Understanding of cost benefit (variable/fixed and breakeven) analyses,
- Strong computer / excellent verbal and written communication skills; and,
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
Please reply (email) to Steve Mould (firstname.lastname@example.org), referring to Project #23121. We thank all for their interest. We will contact only those whose backgrounds closely meet the criteria.