This Canadian-owned company with operations in Canada, the US and Australia is recognized as a world leader in developing efficient and practical engineered solutions in corrugated metal and steel structures for infrastructure construction / renewal in the transportation, public works and environmental sectors; in mining and in forestry; and, for developers. Its success is the result of highly experienced teams of professional engineers and technologists that provide excellent products, quality manufacturing and client services through value-added engineering, professional project management, and dependable field service.
Based in the Kitchener, Ontario area, the position reports to the Director of Innovation / Engineering. Its scope and purpose is to support the organization through effective leadership and management in the areas of engineering, product applications, new product development, drafting and manufacturing quality control. Specifically, this will involve:
- Planning, organizing, monitoring the work, the performance and the developmental needs of an engineering department comprising 8-10 people;
- Providing leadership / technical guidance to the engineering staff for the development of new ideas, technologies and processes;
- Leading the development and implementation of continuous process improvement using quality control programs and systems;
- Participation in the engineering component of Strategic Planning including annual budgets and the setting of performance metrics and accountability;
- Ensuring a high performance, service-oriented work environment through active leadership, fostered by a team approach and employee empowerment in support of the Company’s mission, objectives / values;
- Assisting / working with internal and external clients in the response to RFP’s and calls for tenders.
The Manager of Engineering being sought combines engineering credentials (P.Eng.), proven leadership and technical skills relevant to structural design, steel fabrication and construction with:
- Personal leadership / accountability that is driven through performance metrics;
- Strong project management experience, team building skills, a track record of being well organized, detail oriented and possessing excellent technical writing skills;
- The ability to communicate across distance and with all levels in the organization; and,
- Knowledge / background in business process development and implementation.
This is an excellent career opportunity with strong prospects for advancement. The company is stable, well-funded with a history of solid and continued growth.
We thank all for their interest. This assignment has been completed.